Tuesday, June 19, 2007

What a month...root canal, a new dog and Jake has a "girlfriend" oh and throw in some friends visiting as well!

Sorry it's been so long since my last "blog". We've had quite a month. I had a root canal and don't remember them being so painful but that knocked me down for over a week and as luck would have it Jason was out of town!

On another note we got a dog. His name is Lucky Lou and he is a five-year old cocker spaniel. He is absolutley adorable and has blended right in with our crew. I will try to download some pictures soon.

Jake has a girlfriend, much to our dismay. He explained to us that at age 7 he is quite old enough to have one. We chatted briefly with him last night but Jason and I need to discuss this situation and figure out the appropriate way to talk to Jake about this. I am not ready to discuss the birds and the bees, as some friends of our had to, but I'm not keen on him calling someone his girlfriend. I know it sounds sweet but I don't want him trying to grow up any quicker and I want him to have fun and be a kid with no worries and no "heartbreak".

We had friends come to visit over the last weekend. It was a great time by all...4 adults and 4 kids staying up late and chatting and sightseeing by day. It was nice to have company. We miss them already. Well, it's almost 1:00 and I promised Grayson we would go to the pool so I must get ready. I'll try to blog soon and post some pics of Lucky Lou and the boys. Love you all.

No comments: