Thursday, May 17, 2007

HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY GRAYSON!



So I'll begin with the day you were born! Well, let's back up to before you were born. I can't imagine my life without you now. You bring laughter, joy and you completed our family. I'll admit, we were not planning on having any more babies. You were a complete suprise and I think I was in shock for a couple of weeks when we found out we were expecting you. Mommy found out on September 7th. I was sure you were going to be a girl. I had the name Gracie all picked out. You were a fun pregnancy (though I don't know anyone else would agree because I whined alot) but you were always moving and jumping around in mommy's tummy. We found out you were a boy when we had our ultrasound at "Before the Stork". I was so excited to know that Jake was going to have a brother and that day we decided your name would be Grayson Alexander Dominique Ketcham. We didn't realize just how well your name would suit you until you were born. You made your debut three years ago today. I woke up on Sunday morning, May 16th not feeling so great. I was having alot of contractions but not close enough together to go to the hospital. Daddy was working. Jake and I spent the afternoon at a park while he was riding his bike. We came home and I was still feeing yucky. Uncle Damon and Aunt Amy offered Jake and I to come stay over there if we wanted so we'd be closer to the hospital. I figured it was just a false alarm anyway and we stayed home. We still had one week until your "due date". Daddy came home and that night contractions were a little closer together. We called mamaw and papaw and yah-yah and papaw to put them on "alert". We went to bed and daddy and Jake fell fast asleep. It was about 10:30 p.m. I had just fallen asleep and I heard a "pop" and all of a sudden my water broke! I was so excited and scared. We knew it was time. We called the dr., called everyone. We loaded Jake up and took off for Bloomington Hospital. The contractions were rough and it hurt but I was so excited I could barely wait. We arrived at the hopsital and yah-yah and papaw met us. Papaw took Jake out to Aunt Kellan's to spend the night. Mamaw and Papaw got to the hospital about 11:00. The Dr. came in and thought it was going to be a while. Mamaw ended up getting sick so they had to leave at about 2:30. The nurse came in and me, daddy and Yah-Yah were all sleeping just a bit. I was feeling strange and when the nurse checked mommy, sure enough you were ready to head out of mommy's belly! It happened so quickly. You were born at 3:14 a.m. on Monday, May 17th, 2004. I can't explain to you what I felt when I saw your face. You looked EXACTLY like your brother Jake. You weighed 6 1bs and 7 oz and were 19 1/2 inches long. You were beautiful. The nurse placed you on my chest and you looked right at me. How amazing you were and still are. I don't think I slept at all that day just holding you. Your brother came to visit you at about 11:00 that day. You have the BEST big brother ever. He fell instantly in love with you and has been your buddy since the day you were born. He helped take care of you, giving you a pacifier when you cried. Stroking your face. He loved to hold you (with mommy's help). Even today Jake is so loving and gently with you and it melts my heart when I watch you two together. How did I get so lucky. Happy Birthday to my unexpected suprise that I thank God for every day. I am the luckiest mother.

No comments: