Sunday, March 18, 2007

Boys night out

I signed Jake up this week for the "kids night out" at the YMCA (Grayson was not yet old enough but come May he will be!). For $5 he got a hotdog, chips, drink, swam, played bingo, ran around with his friends and according to him had "the best night of his life" and being the thoughtful little boy he is he even got his little brother a little ducky at the YMCA with his money. Jen (my new friend here) picked us up and we took the kiddies over to the YMCA. I gave Jake the rules -do not leave the building with anyone other than mommy or daddy, no screaming for help in the pool unless he needs it, there's no reason for an adult to take him in a room alone (can't be too sure these days) and to have loads of fun. I gave him $5 for the snack bar. Jason had left earlier to take Grayson to McDonald's (so there would be no meltdown as Jake and I left). We dropped the kids off and of course, being Jake's first official outing I was nervous. Jen assured me he'd be fine. This was the third one for her kids. We were off to Cracker Barrel and to do some shopping and the last stop was St. Louis Bread Co. right by the YMCA where we got some coffee and sat and talked until it was time to get the kids.
We got home about 9:45 and Grayson and Jason were both asleep in our room. Jake got in his bed and waited for me to bring Grayson in (though they both have their own room they can't sleep without one another). As I put Grayson in bed, Jake tucked him in and gave him a kiss on the forehead and told him he missed him. Grayson kept right on sleeping but nuzzled close to Jake. Jason told me that Grayson looked all sad at McDonald's and barely played. He asked him what was wrong and asked if he missed Jake and Grayson said "yah". Their next stop was for an ice cream and a drive. They ended up at a gravel pit and got out to look at the mounds of gravel and Grayson thought it was "neat". Their last stop was home and some cuddle time with daddy with a few questions of "where's mama" thrown in every few minutes. This morning the boys shared a few hugs and miss you's but that was over an hour ago. Now all I hear is "give it back" and "I'm telling mommy".

No comments: