Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Stupid Phone Company

So last week I have to call our phone company, I won't name names but they know who they are, because we were supposed to have a $99 credit on our bill they failed to give us so after about 45 mintues I get that taken care of and the girl says o.k. your balance is etc...so I pay. Today I get a phone call bright and early from the company saying I am past due and due for disconnection. After about a 2 hour phone call in which I speak to five different people and come to the conclusion that there is indeed a past due amount that "their" person added wrong last Thursday when she told me my amount due (now why didn't I add myself you might ask and since I was trying to keep my 2 year-old in sight and occupied so he wouldn't destroy my house I was assuming someone who was working in customer service in the BILLING department could actually add). So as I am spending the hours on the phone today and have to do all the arithmatic figuring five times (for each person they connect me to) I finally get it taken care of and pay the $46.72 I still owed. I walk into my living room to find that Grayson has made himself a snack on my floor which was a mixture of popcorn, cereal and cheese-um chips which he so diligently smashed into the carpet. To be honest, I was really more mad at the phone company that Grayson. What was he supposed to do without my undivided attention? So I start getting it cleaned up and the phone rings. Guess who. Yup, the telephone company requiring me to pay my past due amount to avoid interruption of service. I won't tell you what I told them they could do with their service.

No comments: