Sunday, April 22, 2007

As the days go by...

Well, Jason has left for Texas (again) and so my week of lonliness begins. I have the Southwest Airlines screen pulled up on the computer and just refreshed it and his flight is boarding. He should arrive in Houston around 6:40 p.m. I'll refresh the page every 30 minutes until he arrives and I see the words "arrived" on the screen. We'll have our usual routine here at the house...the boys sleeping in bed with me, room barricaded. One night they pick a place to go eat out. Sadly, Jake has his first "performance" at school and Jason will be missing it. I really did not want him to leave today...sometimes the loneliness gets to be too much. It's hard during the week because everyone is having dinner with their families...taking walks, playing games and while I am still here to do that with the boys but I have no adult interaction whatsoever come 3:00 p.m. when everyone's spouses are arriving home. My dinner conversation normally consists of the following topics:

Dinner is yucky (Jake)
I pooped (Grayson)
What's for a snack tonite (Jake and Grayson)
So and so farted or got in trouble at school today (Jake)
Grayson --just giggling for no reason

It's nice to have some time alone with the boys and they tend to be more cuddly while Jason is gone, but still, I'm lonely without him here.

No comments: