Friday, April 13, 2007

Potty training...or not!

Last night at Walmart I bought a new brand of pull-ups. The kind that makes them feel cold when they start to pee! I explained it to Grayson and said are you ready to wear pull-ups and use the potty all day long (we've been using the potty on and off for a few months but he tends to not like it) so last night he said "yah". I explained how the pull-ups work and how when he feels wet he needs to come up and he can just pull the potty pants down. He was all excited. Of course by the time we got home and got baths last night it was bedtime so I put his regular diaper on him (pull-ups are expensive and I KNOW he won't do it at night so why waste that money).
First thing this morning I said are you ready to be a big boy and put your pull-up on? His reply? "No, no big boy for me". I asked again and again "nope". I said aren't you even a little interested in being like Jake and using the potty? Again, big fat no. Then I tried to fib and reminded him of Gracie's party on Sunday and how only little boys who wore pull-ups could attend. He looked at me and said "oh" and thought about it for a minute and he put the pull-up on. I've asked him repeatedly do you need to potty and I get a "no". I reminded him again of the party...his reply? "I wear pull-up, just no potty". My mistake...I should have stressed from the beginning you had to actually potty and not just wear the pull-up!!!

No comments: