Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Traumatization

Jason's parents (also known as Yay-Yay and Papaw) decided to keep the boys overnight on saturday while we are home visiting. Jason and I had a great dinner and did some shopping and spent some quality time with eachother (and my mom and dad)!!! We met his parents at church Sunday and Grayson's reaction was as if I had been away for a month. His eyes welled up, tears came down and he clung to me. He was giving Yay-Yay and Papaw dirty looks during church. He finally softened up halfway through church (I think when Yay-Yay went and got him some snacks). Now, there was no reason for him to be upset other than he is not used to being away from me. He has fun over there and he was fine until he realized at bedtime...mommy was not there. Well, yesterday Jason took the boys for the day so my mom and I could go shop in Brown County. He went to go visit his dad and when they pulled in the driveway Grayson started screaming. He clung to his seatbelt and REFUSED to get out of the van. They tried to coax him out offering him the keys, wallets to ensure that Jason was not leaving him there. They called me and he kept crying and screaming for me. I promised him he was coming back to me to stay with and not staying overnight. After about 30 minutes Jason said he was finally able to coax him out. I think he might have to go to a therapist after this.

No comments: